Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Special Day

...for Lola Bebing [my deceased grandfather's sister].

Yup, she turned 80 last Thursday but had her party yesterday. She's still her same smiling self despite senility taking its toll on her. Almost everyone came to the luncheon in red because in the Chinese culture, it  carries a largely positive connotation, being associated with courage, loyalty, honor, success, fortune, fertility, happiness, passion, and summer.  My Lola is Chinese after all. 

The Rose sugar cookies made their show with of course, the cupcakes. Lunch was sumptuous. I was sooooo full. I went home soon after because I had to attend to something else. 

Here's the cake table. I felt so fortunate having been able to match the cupcakes to the cake. They were supposed to be red but ended up pink because it's so hard to attain red using liquid food color. It alters the consistency of the icing.

Just so you know what I ate. :)

And on to that 'something else' I told you about. I finished a client's cupcake order. 

for Pam's dad.

and for her 'love'. <3

So that's it. The weekend was pretty much done and I was so happy to be back in bed last night.
Today marks a new week and it will be one busy week as we are to start a new activity today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment