Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mocha Chip Oatmeal Bars

I super love the Apple Cinnamon Cookies from Quaker Oats and I was inspired to make my own version.[though not Apple Cinnamon.] I made use of the ingredients I had in stock. I tried baking the mixture I made as cookies but with the size of my oven, I never found a cookie sheet that fits in it perfectly. So I used aluminum foil instead and end up having imperfectly shaped but still good tasting cookies. This one though, didn't work with the foil as the cookies were gooey and sticky thus making them hard to remove. I ended up baking them as bars in a loaf pan.

Here they are.







Mocha Chip Oatmeal Bars

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of baking powder
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mocha chips

1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Sift together all dry ingredients.
3. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg and beat well.
5. Add vanilla and milk
6. Mix in the dry ingredients and the mocha chips.
7. Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
9. Cool for about 10 minutes then cut into desired sizes.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment