Monday, April 19, 2010

Chocolate Flan Cake Yummy Flop

Yup. You read it right. I saw it once at TasteSpotting.com and I knew I had to make it. Having lots of egg yolks from a weekend of baking was the perfect opportunity. I was inspired and made use of the microwave to get fast results. Talk about fast. After about 2 and a half minutes of cooking it, when I poured it onthe plate, I realized that the center was not cooked yet! It was a total flop. But anyway, it was not worth stressing about because the cooked parts were really yummy. I took them out, placed the uncooked batter into a mug and shoved it back to cook a minute more. It didn't come out as I have expected. Maybe because I tried to do it on my own and I didn't make enough flan to equal the amount of chocolate cake. But still... it was a yummy flop. 

cooked part after 2:30 minutes

see the uncooked batter looking like chocolate sauce?

a cleaner slice

here's from the mug. 

2 comments:

  1. THis looks yummy!

    You are the recipient of the Happy 101 award here:
    http://clairebakescakes.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-101-award-yey.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my it's looks so delicious. Hhhmmm, is it a yummy flop? I don't think so =)

    ReplyDelete