Monday, March 8, 2010

Never Say Die!

[outdoor shot]

It's been almost a week since I have last posted..

Well today, I feel sad because my oven broke. I don't know what happened but it just won't heat up. We have to bring it back to the store soon to get it fixed.

Anyhoo... it was a good thing i made another attempt[never say die!] at Moringa/Malunggay Cupcakes last night. That way, I discovered that my pet[oven] is sick... Ooooooooo it makes me feel bad.. really really.

Anyway, I have already made my own recipe of the cupcakes and this is the first recipe I will share. Yey! Here it is.

Joanna's Moringa/Malunggay Cupcake
(Makes 24 cupcakes)

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup blended Moringa/Malunggay leaves
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Blend the leaves. Add about half a tablespoon of water when blending.
3. Sift dry ingredients together.
4. Cream butter and sugar.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time.
6. Add blended leaves.
7. Pour milk alternately with the dry ingredients and beat until throughly incorporated.
8. Add vanilla.
9. Pour batter in lined cupcake pans.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
11. Cool and enjoy with or without frosting. :D

i topped it with seven-minute frosting/boiled frosting.

took a bite.
look at its beautiful shade of green. :)

*Since my oven broke, I resorted to microwaving them instead. Though it wasn't totally safe, I had to do it because I wouldn't want to waste those beauties... I just stood on standby at a safe distance on the ready to pull the plugs anytime something went wrong inside. Well, needless to say, nothing bad happened. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment