Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Julie and Julia [Another Addition to My Favorites]


I have a whole ton of favorites that sometimes I just can't remember everything anymore...
This one though, is something worth keeping in mind.

On my brother's graduation party, our eldest cousin Michelle, lent part of her DVD collection and prodded me to watch one of the DVD's about cooking. I don't think I've heard about it before though but when told that it was something I am quite passionate about, I decided to give it a try. I watched it with my sister Jackie. That night, I've decided to add it to my favorites. It's entitled Julie and Julia starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams.


I've been teary-eyed at many parts of the movie because a number if not most of the scenes were heartwarming. I love the idea that they were so passionate about cooking and that Julie was a blogger too like me who wanted to do something that she can lose herself into aside from her day job. I also love the fact that both of them somehow had a lot of similarities other than their names like having a wonderful husband, never giving up and even the down moments when surely something else would pick their mood up. It was really a fun movie to watch and I'm willing to watch it over and over again...

Paul Child: [to Julia] You are the butter to my bread, you are the breath to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment