Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Scream for Ice Cream!!!

I don't know.. Last night, I had the urge for something sweet other than cakes/cupcakes/cookies that I have indulged with in the past few days. :D Of course, it should be something really cold because it's very warm at our place lately due to the El Nino Phenomenon. Luckily, I had a few bucks from the goodies I sold to buy us an ice cream tub. It wasn't much but it was good enough.
And it bore two of my favorite ice cream flavors, Cookies and Cream and Coffee Crumble from Selecta.

Eating this reminds me of my now deceased friend. We used to eat these flavors of ice cream every time I visited her when she was still alive and sick. She had cancer. It was sad but she never made me feel bad about it until she got too sick... sick enough to give up. Just like Valentines day, this food makes me miss her and wish she was here to enjoy it with me.

But she is with the Lord now and I am positive that she is smiling up there, free from all sickness and worries...
my favorite photo with her

2 comments:

  1. Awww! :-( My BFF also died when we were young. We were only 15, she had Leukemia and I still miss her to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first lost a friend when I was 10 so it's not new to me. However it's really different when you're older because you already have deeper understanding about it. It becomes more painful... Almost everything I encounter reminds me of her. Now I don't anymore dwell with the pain but just with the beautiful memories I have with her. :)

    ReplyDelete