Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My first ever...

Blueberry Cheesecake! :D
ooooooooooh yum. I didn't expect it to turn out so nicely. See, it was my forever friend, Char's, birthday last June 8. Her sister, Achi Em, invited me to come to their house and bake a cake for her with all the ingredients and tools readied for me. Not just that, she also tasked me to make the blueberry cheesecake for the first time... which she doesn't really have that much idea on how to do, she told me. It wasn't the first time I worked in their kitchen but it sure was the first time I worked there almost alone. Achi just checked on me once in a while and I also had some people helping me get the things I needed. Anyhoo, I made use of the easy no-bake cheesecake found inside the pack of cream cheese that we used. It turned out well until the creaming point. I don't know how to whip cream using the hand mixer. It didn't fluff up! I tried doing it manually before using the wire whisk. It did somehow rise and look pretty but it wasn't very sturdy. I tried to look for a wire whisk there but didn't find one until I was done so. I settled with the soggy cream. haha :) I fervently hoped that the gelatin and cream cheese will make it set properly. When it was served at the party, I was sooooooo relieved that it did and that it turned out absolutely yummy.

That was my dessert plate. 
Hahaha so fat looking eh. 
Catch a glimpse of the watermelon, pineapple and ube cake on the sides. :)
...and the star of the show, my first ever blueberry cheesecake. 

And of course, I baked Char a birthday cake. It was a chocolate cake with fondant icing. I didn't fully cover it    with fondant because I didn't find their rolling pin. I don't own one as well. Anyhoo, it took us hours to get to have it cooked since the oven didn't light up immediately. So anyway, to make the story short, I got it finished on time for the party. Didn't get to go to the cemetery though because I was late already. 

Here's the cake. :)
[Pardon me for this photo. I took this shot using my mobile phone.]

They say Char guided me through my baking adventure that day.
I hope she's happy up there. 
I still miss her everyday.
Happy Birthday, my darling girl Pating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment