Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Beginnings

It's been a long time, hasn't it?
Well that's because I didn't do a lot of baking lately. Business is on a low down. But good news is, I'm back to the hospital. Yep. I work at a maternity and children's hospital now as a volunteer nurse. No pay but it isn't very toxic so I guess that's okay. 

Here I am in my uniform. 
It's actually the first time I wanted my picture wearing this to be posted on the net. haha

Oh by the way, days after my birthday, I went to Cebu again. I stayed there for days. It was a good visit... went to many places and many many food points. Unfortunately though, I wasn't in the mood to be a food photographer at that time so I only took photos of my superduper favorites.

One is this Opera Cake from the reunion dinner. 
Love the G-clef. :)

And the other one is this one.
Passion Fruit Topped Frozen Yogurt at 
Fruit Farm Yogurt Bar.

This is by faaaaaar, my 'most favorite' of all.
One of the bestsellers of Quickly.
I forgot the name of this one though, sorry. 
But this has something to do with Taro Ice. 
Everytime I'm in Cebu, I look forward to tasting it again. 

Right now, I'm back to my same old routine life. And something good is beginning as well. Hope it lasts though. Something that has to do with Elton John's 'We All Fall In Love Sometimes'. :)

P.S. It was Char's first death anniversary yesterday and I went to their place for dinner last night. I saw a number of butterflies yesterday that I symbolized as her. As a way of letting go also, I deleted the last text message she sent me while she was in Singapore. A lot of things have happened in the past year and we who are left behind are slowly moving onwards. But stumbling on old photos and hearing old songs bring back painful and fun memories. I still miss her. I don't know if I'll ever stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment